- The first thing you should know is that your course is run by a centre (a faculty or school) and that each centre offers its own welcome activities for new students:
- It is important that you read the Student Statute and the Academic Regulations to know your rights and obligations.
- The UIB has regulations that govern student attendance. Students who fail to fulfil these requirements may not continue their course.
- In turn, there is a detailed list of regulations that you may find useful: <thttp://estudis.uib.es/es/informacioperalumnes/normativa/>.
- It is important to check the online course guides found in the subject lists for each course. They contain information on the skills you will attain, what activities you will be doing, assessment methods, recommended reading and other useful information.
- You have the right to be assigned a personal tutor for the duration of your degree course who will advise you on your studies.
- You have the right to a student card. To apply for your student card, you first need to have your photo taken at any self-enrolment point or directly at the admin services in your centre.
- The term dates and calendar for your centre can be found at: <http://estudis.uib.cat/Calendaris/Facultats-i-escoles/>
There are regular announcements of grants or financial support for courses that may be of interest to you. The deadlines are often quite tight. The UIB keeps an updated website with all current grant announcements.
- All the admin procedures available online at the UIB can be found via UIBdigital. Other procedures can also be found at <estudis.uib.cat/informacioperalumnes/tramits-administratius/>
- Last but not least, you need to bear in mind that if you fail to pay your fees, not only will your enrolment be cancelled but the debt will remain outstanding. The details of the terms and conditions can be found on your registration status document or on any payment receipt.
- If you have any administrative query during your time at the UIB, please contact the Student Service Unit or the admin services at your centre.